🎵 Oooh baby it’s cold outside… 🎵
he winter holidays are over. The New Year’s been rung in and hopefully your social calendar gets to take a breather.
After the mad dash of December, you might be looking to curl up with a good book and a cozy beverage. And so may we suggest this delicious CBD-infused Golden Chai Latte.
What we love best about this mug o’ chai is that you can whip it up in a quick few minutes… or you can melt into its calm-inducing and healing intentions and craft for yourself a little tea ritual.
Plus, what’s not to love when this comforting and delish latte can also help you combat inflammation and keep the winter blues at bay?!
Here’s why this warming tea latte is a great addition to any winter anti-inflammation plan…
Turmeric is known for its bright yellow color, and is a close relative of ginger. Its long history of use in both Ayurveda medicine and Indian cuisine have made it a popular mainstay in modern alternative medicine.
Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric. It has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant. If you want to amp your turmeric levels to therapeutic amounts, you’ll want to also use a turmeric extract containing mostly curcumin itself. You can add your preferred serving of liquid turmeric extract to this golden chai latte when you add your CBD oil or tincture, without altering flavor.
Research suggests that cinnamon may play a role in reducing inflammation, stabilizing blood sugar levels, and fighting off bacteria. One study conducted in 2008 found that cinnamon essential oil had superb anti-inflammatory compounds. Studies done with animals have shown that cinnamon is effective in fighting both inflammation and bacteria.
It’s not just for your fall-into-winter Pumpkin Spice Latte obsession… nutmeg is a highly valuable spice rich in therapeutic value. Scientists are now studying nutmeg for its potential ability to treat inflammation, and conditions caused by inflammation such as rheumatoid arthritis. Studies have shown nutmeg to improve the body’s natural ability to fight chronic inflammation and reduce health problems that are associated with on-going inflammation. Nutmeg has also been used to stop the joint and muscle pain that often accompanies inflammation.
Heralded for its effectiveness in reducing inflammation, CBD is becoming a go-to resource for addressing a huge host of conditions – from arthritis and autoimmune issues to skin conditions, multiple sclerosis and even weight retention. It’s thought that CBD’s unique ability to bind with receptors outside the endocannabinoid system plays a role and that CBD blocks pro-inflammatory compounds in the body such as the COX-2 enzyme.
As an added bonus, we’ve sweetened this Golden CBD Chai Latte with maple syrup. By sticking with an organic or real maple syrup, you ensure that all that sweet goodness includes beneficial nutrients and enzymes to help your body stay balanced, reducing the likelihood of a blood sugar swing.
You can also skip the maple syrup or replace it with a good monkfruit sweetener for zero calories.
Golden CBD Chai LattePrint Recipe
- 2 cups almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom (or ground cloves)
- 2 tsp loose leaf chai tea (or 1 chai tea bag)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or to taste)
- 15 mg CBD oil or tincture
- 1/2 cup almond milk for frothing (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine 2 cups almond milk, water, turmeric, cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom (or cloves).
- Place loose tea leaves in a strainer (or toss in a chai tea bag) and add to mixture. Bring to a light boil, stirring regularly.
- Remove from heat immediately; you don’t want to let it over-boil!
- Give it 5 minutes to cool, allowing the tea leaves to steep. Then remove the tea strainer or tea bag.
- Transfer your golden chai to your favorite mug. Stir in the maple syrup until it dissolves.
- Add 15mg of your favorite CBD oil or tincture. If you want to take your daily serving of CBD in this healing latte, go ahead and squeeze a dropperful or single serving of your CBD into your golden chai latte and stir.
- For an added touch, pour a 1/2 cup of chilled almond milk on top and froth.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg and enjoy!